Pancakes have become one of my favourite at-home breakfasts over the last year – especially since eating ayurvedically. and plant-based. There is something special about a warm stack of sweet cakes to wake up to in the morning, right? It reminds of relaxed mornings in bed – plus eating breakfast slowly and consciously simply due to the fact that you use knife and fork is even more balancing. And should be part of your morning routine, too.
You asked about the recipe and here is it – 100% gluten-free, plant-based and perfect for your kapha body type that wants to shape up for a new bikini this summer (or in general):
- 1 medium sized egg
- 1 big carrot, grated
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup of (plant/nut) milk
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup buckwheat or oat flour
- 1 scoop vegan vanilla protein powder
- coconut oil spray
- Mix the grated carrots with all wet ingredients in a deep bowl and stir toroughly.
- Add the flour of your choice (or constitution) and the protein powder
- Add cinnamon and if you have, a plant-based essence like real vanilla or birthday cake
- Heat a non-stick pan with coconut oil spray and bake coin-sized pancakes until golden brown.
- Serve stacked with more shredded carrot and cinnamon.